Apple's And Proview's iPad Dispute
Interesting turn of events in Apple’s and Proview’s iPad dispute.
- 1998, May: Apple unveils the iMac
- 1999, Jul: Apple unveils the iBook
- 2000, Aug: Proview releases the iPad
- 2009, Dec: Apple acquires worldwide iPad trademark from Proview for $55k through a shell company called IP Application Development, IPAD Ltd for short
- 2010, Jan: Apple announces the iPad
- 2011, Oct: Proview demands $800M from Apple to use the iPad trademark in China
- 2011, Dec: Apple loses right to use the iPad trademark in China
- 2012, Jan: Proview loses battle to ban iPad in China
- 2012, Feb: Proview charges Apple with fraud and unfair competition in iPad trademark acquisition
Notice that Apple’s iMac and iBook preceded Proview’s iPad and how Proview’s iPad looks awfully similar to Apple’s iMac.